Monday, March 23, 2009

Toile Y'all!

Photobucket


I love toile. Love. It. I think I might have a slight obsession with it. After taking pictures of all the toile in my house, I think it's safe to say I have too much. What do you think? (Just so you know - even if you tell me I have too much, I'm not taking any away!!!)

I have to start with my FAVE toile pieces - my kitchen cabinet knobs and drawer pulls. Are they not the cutest things ever? (The pics aren't great - the toile is blue and white)


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Next, the inside of my china cabinet/hutch/thingy is lined with toile wallpaper. Of course, I got this idea from The Nester.



Photobucket



My dining room chairs that were a hideous plaid, but I recovered in toile myself. Don't look too closely - you might see the plaid through the toile. I was too lazy to remove the original fabric. But hey - the beauty is in the imperfections, right?



Photobucket



My new little end table that had a glass inset that is now covered in the same wallpaper that lines the hutch. Wow - I don't think that sentence was grammatically correct!



Photobucket



Oh, these are another of my favorite things in my whole house - the toile lampshades on my flea market chandelier!

Photobucket

The bench I got at HobLob for like 75% off because it had dirt on it. Came right out with spot remover at home.

Photobucket

And of course, the toile curtains. Which I do realize I hung too low. I didn't have the energy to re-hang the rod that came with the house. I really need to do that.

Photobucket


I think that about covers it. I think I'm a little toile'd out - how about you? If you aren't, and you'd love to see how other people use toile in their homes, jump on over to Pretty Organized Palace for her Toile Party! It'll be fun!

25 comments:

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Oh yeah, I'm definitely a toile girl. I never get sick of it. It's so timeless and elegant.

BTW, congrats on your big yard sale $$$. Makes me want to have one so I can make some extra green!

Amanda said...

You really need some toile bedding! I've sat in those chairs and I never would've known that you didn't remove the plaid fabric.

My favorite is the chandelier in your kitchen. Aren't the shades toile?

Anonymous said...

Your little end table is cute - what a lovely way to introduce more toile! Thanks for sharing your pretty toile!

Manuela

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I love those drawer pulls! All of your toile looks great. :-)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Yes, I'm a toile girl too! Your little bench is adorable and love the hutch too. Have I mentioned your chandy? Love it too. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

The drawer pulls are so nice! Love all your toile!
~Kim

The Young Life said...

Hey Amanda! your kitchen pulls are fantastic! love all the great ideas...thanks!

Rachel said...

Toile is my mistress I've decided. I love it. I really like your pulls in the kitchen. That would be an easy way to spice up a kitchen in our rental house. Then we could put the ugly ones back before we move. :) Have a beautiful day.

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

I love the toile on your end table for a fun pop of color, and your lampshades are sweet.

Pretty Organizer said...

Toile Drawer pulls! Cough it up? Where did you get them? I'm redoing my kitchen and need me some toile hardware! Still looking for a toile toolbelt:) Thanks for stopping by and joining in the party!

Unknown said...

I love everything. The bench is fabulous, can I have it?

Unknown said...

Never to much toile. I have the same problem, but i love it. And you should surround yourself with things you love, right. lol. mishelle

Angie said...

I have never seen toile knobs abd pulls for cabinets - too cute! All your toile things are beautiful!

Mom in High Heels said...

I love the toile lamp shades! So cute! I used the same blue and yellow toile in my dining and kitchen areas.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Amanda...Happy Toile Day!

Oooh...love all of your beautiful display of toile...anddddd...I don't think you can ever have too much!!! I just adore your pretty toile cabinet pulls...charming!!! Love the idea of lining the back of the hutch with toile...I need to do that with mine...I like it!!! You have a beautiful home...thank you for sharing all of your toile with us and making this world a prettier place!!!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

Felicia said...

Toile knobs! Totally groovy :)

Anonymous said...

The toile bench by the window is awesome, and what a deal!

Janelle said...

The lampshades are my fave. :-)

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Love all the toile!! I love seeing how everyone uses it in their decor.

Kimba said...

Whooooweeee! You are the toile queen! Love it! Especially that bench. It's beautiful!

I'm so glad that you like your pin. I sold so many of them and so I saw so many names and I wondered which of my "regular readers" then were. I'm glad that one was you.

Kimba

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Love your toile. I have some lampshades out of a very similar yellow and blue toile. So far, I haven't gotten tired of toile.

Bonita said...

It's all so pretty. I've never seen those beautiful knobs and pulls before. I'm getting ready to redo my cabinets and those are looking might fine.

That bench is adorable!

Lindsay @ Makely said...

Lovin' all your toile!

Did you see my toile headboard you asked me about on my toile party linked post? I was gonna email you some pics, but couldn't find your email addy. Here's the post in case you didn't see it: http://www.livingwithlindsay.com/2009/01/diy-faux-tailored-bedskirt.html

Southern Charm said...

Oh my goodness, toile drawer pulls! I have never seen that before, they are wonderful. I loved your hutch too. The Nester is so great for giving inspiring ideas that we can actually do! I love that. Your home is beautiful.

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

Girl, I have always loved your dining room with all the great toile touches! You are indeed the toile queen-- and you use it so well!!