Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Easter Applique

I have a TON of t-shirts and jeans that I bought on clearance a couple years ago when I was making these outfits.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

When I had Miss Priss I sorta stopped making them and I'm a little burned out now. I still want to use those shirts and jeans, though, so I bought some cute fabric at Hobby Lobby and made this for the Big Girl yesterday.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I have pink, turquoise and lavender shirts and I bought coordinating fabric for all the colors. This is the only "Easter" print I bought. All the rest is just "springy." Here, I'll just show you! (just realized these pics came out really dark - oops!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm thinking maybe a tulip instead of an Easter egg would be cute. Any other suggestions? The designs have to be pretty simple, though, because I am no applique expert!

So after I get these made, I'm going to have to find someone to buy them! If you know of anyone who might like one, send them my way will you? They will be a very reasonable price (I'm thinking maybe around $15???). Thanks a MILLION!

11 comments:

Kimba said...

Oh my goodness! Those are adorable. Makes me want a girl!

Kimba

Delilah said...

I will take something in a 3T if you got it. Maybe try a daisy, that would be super cute!! Did I mention I LOVE this blog!?! You are so dang crafty!

Laura said...

What sizes do you have? They are so cute. (I"m Shannon Bankheads frined by the way)

The Young Life said...

uuhhhh yeah...I WOULD LOVE ONE! what sizes do you have? my Bethany would need a size 6 and Samantha would need a size 18 months...Let me know if you are going to do this? I guess I could do it myself if I wanted to spend the time on it though.

Laura said...

Madelyn would use 12 month size. let me know what else i would need to choose.

Laura said...

do you have the jeans to match in a 12 month also to go along with the shirt? what about the floral print in a flower shape of any kind.

Unknown said...

Those are adorable! I think your designs are great, what do you think about a daisy? I'm sew stupid (get it, hehe), so I don't know how hard that would be.
Oops, now I see that someone else suggested a daisy! I wasn't cheatin', honest. :)

Lucy Marie said...

Those are so cute! If I had a daughter, I'd be all over that. You said you have an easy fish recipe that you could share with me, I'd love it if you would. I'm not ready to give up on cooking fish just yet.
If you want, you can e-mail it to me.

elcramp at gmail dot com

Denise K. said...

Oh, my daughter would love a set of cute t-shirts and jeans with ribbons or appliques! LOVE it!! She would wear a size 8...you are sooo talented!!! :-)

Denise K. said...

Hi again Amanda!

Yes, if it is possible to find a size 8 that would work with your creations we would happily buy it! The only tricky thing is that she has short legs so I am afraid the pants may be too long and then she may outgrow it in the waist before she could wear it for the length. With the adorable ribbons, we couldn't hem it, so now I am hesitant with the pants. Maybe we could start with a t-shirt and matching hair bow? Let us know the scope of what you may want to tackle! You do great work!

Love, Denise :-)

Anna said...

Yikes, this makes me want a little girl! I would totally buy one of the outfits in the first 2 pics (if I had someone to put in them, that is!).

I just discovered your blog from Rhoda's... It's great! :)